In which we see the world and all the wondrous creatures therein. And probably get lost a lot.

Watch this space for pictures, video, and updates!

The album was getting too big, so additional albums are posted at the bottom of the blog - hopefully I'll have everything labeled within a couple of months.

Click on the slideshow pictures to reach the album links for larger views.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 9 - Kilkenny -> Dublin

One last day in Ireland!

I wanted to make sure we got to see Kilkenny, which is a beautiful little town, so we walked around for an hour before breakfast. The cathedral is especially lovely, and we were lucky that they were just setting up for the day and the doors were open - some great pictures.

With one day to go and most of my plausible list accomplished, we thought we should meander through the Wicklow Mountains back toward Dublin. It's a great drive, and we stopped in the Wicklow Gap for some pictures. The only planned event were the grounds at Powerscourt, a huge estate outside of Dublin. It invokes Versailles and lots of comments about the idle rich, but the grounds are very impressive - fountains and topiaries and amazing flowerbeds. I can imagine what it looks like in the summer. So we walked around for awhile, and I drooled over all the handmade things in the gift shops - sigh, no souvenirs other than pictures this trip!

On to Dublin, where Jim had kindly booked us into the airport Hilton for our last night.

Overall, a wonderful trip - Ireland is beautiful, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful, and I learned more about Irish history in a week than I did in my entire school life.

The guys are heading home tomorrow, and I continue on to Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment